Thursday, June 6, 2013

And, this is what happens when you blink ...

Here we are, already at the end of another school year!  How can it be that these boys flew through 5th and 2nd grade?  It seems I was just contemplating Jack's integration into the Middle School, and now the school is year is already at an end.

When I say "flew through" I do not, certainly, mean without incident.  We have many stories from this year that make me laugh and question, especially with Jack, if he is really my child.  And, so many other stories that confirm, yes, the apple does not fall far from the tree.  What a joy to parent these boys!
To commemorate the end of the school year, I spent the afternoon hanging out with Samuel guy at the elementary school.  Then, at the end of his school day, Jack walked over from the Middle School.
Samuel's teacher, one of our absolute favorites, was also Jack's teacher for 2nd grade.  When Jack was in 2nd grade we had Lydia, and this year we picked up Nora.  We have been so blessed by this teacher and the love she has shown our boys and our family.  It was certainly a memorable year and the way she loved on Samuel when we were in China was above and beyond.  How we love her and hope that the girls will also fly through 2nd grade with her!

Aside from being the last day of school, today also marks a milestone as it was one year ago today that Jack had his seizure. I realize that I really haven't blogged much in follow-up to that. I am so thankful that it seems it was an isolated incident with no other occurrences ... but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that it still worries me especially hen he's hanging out with friends, sleeping over at friend's houses, etc. 

Thankful for these gifts which He has so graciously given us.

No comments: