Making It Official (The Red Thumbprints)
The Traditional Photo with the Orphanage Director (Love Nora’s Expression as the Director is Restricting Her from Her Beloved Thumb)
It has truly been a day of discovery and getting to know our little miss. The girl has definitely got some tricks.
Top ten discoveries today:
- Nora can do amazing splits (Ellison, she may have you beat – sorry, girl!). We will have to work on this though as little miss needs to seriously develop some hip muscles and control!
- As mentioned before, Nora has an endearing comfort mechanism of sucking her thumb. It really is beyond adorable.
- And, not only does she find comfort in sucking her thumb, she sticks her tongue up into her cleft lip while she sucks her lip. Cute, cute, cute!
- AND, she sometimes will take her other hand or her index finger on the hand of the thumb she is sucking, and she will rub a dry spot on her lip. That she could figure out these comfort mechanisms, genius!
- Nora has a “stork bite” on the back of her neck. I nearly lost it when I saw this ~ so typical of God’s design in all of our LilyKids!
- Nora is afraid of her reflection. The Orphanage Director’s wife told us this yesterday, and it is proving to be true. This surprised me as one of her best friends in the orphanage is a beautiful cleft kiddo! Breaks my heart, we will be working on reassuring her that God made her beautiful, she is fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Nora has a few tricks, she army crawls and walks a bit beside the bed. And, we are working on teaching her to clap. She is a quick learner.
- The girl has amazing eyelashes (Ellison, you have her beat on this one, but Nora’s are still amazing).
- She has a hearty belly laugh that is contagious.
- Nora’s eyes sparkle and say so much about her and her personality, the sweet little personality that we are just beginning to unravel.