Monday, October 21, 2013

One Year Together

It does not even seem possible that one year ago today we were meeting our daughter for the first time. 
I can hardly believe it myself.  I look at this little stinker, and it is so obvious that she was meant to be ours. 
I look at where she came from, and I see her fierce bravery, her love of adventure, her persistence (seeing a trend ... seems each of the LilyKids exhibits this trait to the extreme) ... her beauty.  
But the Lord said to Samuel, “For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7
Love my feisty girls (and my boys too)!

Every day we learn more about life through our children.  Through Nora we have learned a whole lot more about overcoming circumstances, about patience, about unconditional love.  Nora has blessed us in so many ways.

What an incredible gift.  One year together ... 

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! A year has passed. I remember well waiting for any picture or update from you and Jason upon meeting Nora.

So thankful to see how God has knit your family together so beautifully!

Love you!

Nikki said...

Remembering...celebrating...rejoicing. xoxo

Nikki said...

Remembering...celebrating...rejoicing. xoxo

Melanie said...

Awesome. Congratulations!

Leggio said...

Happy One Year Home Nora!!!! She is getting big. Such a little cutie.