Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Worry ... Angst ... Fear ... Anguish ...

Worry:  to feel or experience concern or anxiety
Worrywart:  a person who is inclined to worry unduly
Nervous Nellie:  refer to Worrywart above

I could go on and on … simply said, I have a tendency to worry.  I know that I’m directed not to worry, not to be anxious.

“Therefore, do not be anxious”
Matthew 6:31

But, I still do.  Jack is 2 ½ hours away … I know he is good hands and is being watched over, but a mama’s heart is a mama’s heart.

After much prayer, we sent Jack to camp this week with a few restrictions (for example, no swimming).  The recommendation from his pediatrician was to consider a camp in July since we don’t yet have a better idea on the “odds” of reoccurrence of a seizure, and the pediatric neurologist commented that she usually doesn’t recommend overnight camps for “her seizure patients” (I am currently in the state of denying that Jack is actually a seizure patient until we know more).

On the drive back from Jack’s Milwaukee appointment last Thursday, Jason and I were debating whether we should still let Jack go to camp this week.  We knew it was something we needed to continue to pray about.  And, in my "need answers in my time" kind of way, I told Jason that I just wanted a neon sign telling us what to do.  Although not a neon sign, we certainly felt God’s grace Thursday evening as we unexpectedly found out that the medical team at camp this week is a couple from our church.  What are the chances?!?!?!?  What a gift!  This mama certainly felt that to be reassuring.  And, they are as sweet as can be (I’ve gotten a few reassuring texts from them which is probably breaking the camp rules).  So thankful ...
Jack with his Cousins at Camp 2012
Ethan, Garrett & Jack

No comments: