Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Beginning to Look ...

I may bite my tongue later, but it would be nice to say that it's beginning to look a lot like a WHITE Christmas.  But, so far only rain.  That, however, did not hinder a weekend of Christmas tradition ...

1.  The annual women's luncheon at church where Nikki and I turned a vision into a stunning table (I know, I'm bias, but the table was beautiful!).  The morning was enjoyed with some of the sweet ladies in my life (for more information and photos, see Nikki's blog here).

2.  Pepper McTwist (aka, our Elf on the Shelf) is back and up to mischief.

3.  A fun night with sweet friends including going to a nearby Living Nativity.  I didn't get any photos of this, because, well, the weather was a bit miserable.  We were all bundled up, sitting on hay bales, under blankets and umbrellas, watching the story of Mary and Joseph unfold before our eyes.  The children did wonderful, not one complaint.  And, we couldn't help but reflect on the fact that although we were sitting in the rain watching, Mary and Joseph had less than ideal circumstances surrounding their His story.  Really?  Baby Jesus?  In a feeding trough.  Amazing ... truly amazing.

4.  To cap things off, the annual Cocoa & Carols service at church.

Ah, a tradition and blessing filled weekend ...

No comments: