Saturday, February 5, 2011

3-Day for the Cure

In February, we may think about pink as it relates to Valentine's Day ... this February my mind is consumed with pink as I think about starting to fundraise, and oh yes, train for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk again in Chicago.  Yep, I'm back!!!  And, I'm quite excited.  Six months from today, I will be hitting the pavement with a couple of close friends and thousands of strangers as we begin our 60-mile trek to raise awareness and funds for Breast Cancer research. 

A while back, I wrote about my amazing friend Elizabeth here - so happy to join Elizabeth again after a 3 year break and excited for another friend to join us this year as well for her first 3-Day adventure.  Will it bring sweltering heat?  Torrential downpours?  Blown over tents?  "Take shelter immediately" warnings?  Sunshine?  These things are yet to be seen, but we do know that it will bring tears of joy and tears of sadness, sweat, blisters, laughter, sore muscles, encouragement ... all for a cause that has likely impacted all of us in some way.
Please pray with me for those who are walking and raising awareness for Breast Cancer ... please pray for those who have lost loved ones to Breast Cancer ... please pray and rejoice for those who are celebrating God's gift of conquering their battle with Breast Cancer ... please be in prayer with me as we approach this amazing event.

If you are in a position to donate, you can find my personal page here. 

No comments: